Friday, July 24, 2009

The digger...A crab update

You might be wondering what a hermit crab is. It is something that looks like that.








My sister's hermit crab, Crabby, got put in a molting cage on June 13 and has been under the sand for 6 weeks. In one of the dishes in the molting cage the water has been mysteriously disappearing. Then I noticed 2 small little holes in the bottom of the dish. So I figured the water must be draining out through those holes. So I decided to check under the water dish and see if there was any moisture. I kept on sliding my finger around and then-POOF!-some sand colapses to reveal a tunnel dug by Crabby. I just froze[I also got a weird feeling in my stomach]. I covered the hole with the water dish but the water dish made the whole big enough that it stuck out ever so slightly, but I did NOT want to risk Mom and\or Dad seeing the hole. So I decided to cover the hole with a shell. But the shell only made the hole worse. So I put the shell back where it was. I just decided to let the hole be. Sure enough, Mom and Dad both found out about the hole. That is a molting cage.



That is the hole that I discovered.



P.S. I still get a weird feeling when I walk by the ISO[molting isolation tank].


No comments:

Post a Comment