Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The surfacer... another crab update

If you read the digger, you know what a hermit crab is.

Anyway, time to get down to business.

Just today, my sister Rachel's hermit crab came up from a successful molt[a molt is when a crab sheds its outer layer of skin-a.k.a. exoskeleton-so it can grow bigger]. When I found out that Crabby surfaced, I ran through the house yelling,"CRABBY CAME UP!"

Then I ran upstairs to tell Rachel the good VERY good news."Rachel," I said,"Crabby came up!"


"Are you serious?" she asked.
"Yes! Now come on!"
"Okay! Just let me get a blanket."


I gave Crabby fresh food and fresh water. Sure enough he was thirsty and hungry. Then I got to clean out the food dish after Crabby spent 30-60 seconds in the food dish.

If you want to see Crabby before and after pictures, here they are.

BEFORE


AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment